7:11 PM

Beautiful Connection

Posted by Yuinyi |

It's the wow when you realize that hey, somebody who has grown up with you is - MARRIED. How did time go by so quickly without you even realizing it?

Like, really?

It's also the feeling and realization that you're overseas and was unable to be at home to be a part of the whole big thing. I remember always joking with my friends that I'm waiting for this to happen so I can dress up and look pretty. And now it has happened, and I am just here, just here looking at the pictures and wished I was in them.

And then it's realizing that you have a sister-in-law and your family has just gotten a little bigger. It's looking at those pictures and seeing how much my little sisters have grown, and how much older my dad seems to be now. And that my brother - well he's my brother, now with a wife.

It's being drown in guilt realizing how caught up I have been in work and thinking and telling myself that I would call home the next week, week after week, then pausing and thinking, how many weeks have gone by?

It's the homesick. Not just missing the food, or the environment. It's missing the family - the constant nagging from my dad, the perpetual and random hugs from my youngest sister who never seem to grow out of her manja-ness, and the pushing around by my brother.

Marriage. It has always been my soft spot. It's too beautiful and too happy. It's a family thing.

Congratulations, kor! And Ah Sou! (I was told that I only call Tai Sou if I have more than one elder brother) Wish I was there!

Photo courtesy of Teo Cheng Yong's album. Couldn't find any taken from my own brother's camera?

6 craps:

kira max said...

ooo mei yoke kahwin liao !
n u miss ur bro wedding?????

Yuinyi said...

Just the ROM. Ceremony most likely next year. =)

SO! I might be going back next year, after all. =)))))

kira max said...

apatu rom?
registration of marriage??

hoorayyyyy!! i can see yuin yi soon

Yuinyi said...

Yes registration of marriage. On 10.10.10. LOL =P

Hahah yea well it depends on when my brother wants to do the wedding ceremony. If it's during my break, then I can go back lor. =D

JiHouh said...

thx :) I tot ive replied you, i guess i forgotten. Hope to see u next year.

Yuinyi said...

Fast fast confirm the date with me lah. LOL

But anyway I'm probably going back during summer anyhow. ;)

Subscribe