11:00 PM

Penang Penang

Posted by Yuinyi |

It surprised me when I realised that all the times I have been to Penang, I haven't really been on a food hunt. People always say Penang is famous for its DELICIOUS and variety of food - but small portioned and a little bit expensive. =P

So we started the journey on Wednesday evening. 5 hours is really a LONG and BORING journey. There was nothing to do on the bus when it's moving and it's dark! I couldn't even read if I wanted to, so I just slept and slept. =.=
Arrived at about 10.30 p.m. and went for supper - Char Kuey Tiao and Char Kuey Kak (i think) which is also known as Chai Dao Kuey in Melaka. XD




The next morning, breakfast! Tang Hoon sup! I love Tang Hoon!

And the famous Penang Prawn Mee! Or also known as Hokkien Mee in Penang.


Penang is also good for site seeing! We went to the War Musuem - interesting and also a little scary. =P


Who's stronger? XD


"I won't tell even if you kill me!!!"

Micheal trapped in the escape route?

Saved!! Watch out for your head!




Aren't you just grateful for the toilets we have now?


More food!


Popiah


Yee Mee


Sar Hor Fun (also known as Wa Tan Hor =P)


Next up, the place that I have ALWAYS visited EVERYTIME I visit Penang. Kek Lok Si!


They have this very good Asam Laksa stall near Kek Lok Si. Mmm.. but on such a hot sunny day?



ICE KACANG!



YUMM!!



Then we went to Prangin Mall for shopping! It was amusing to see how fast the DVD shop owners reacted when they received news that the police were coming.


As Foong Yi, Micheal and I were window shopping, we came across this shop called.. I forgot what it's called but it sells this!



Chilled soya with jelly, pearls, and nata de coco! Love it! Plus it's so cute looking!


Later that night, dinner!

SEAFOOD!!

We also had Fried Tang Hoon, but the picture was deleted (by Foong Yi, haha cute!) because that Fried Tang Hoon gave us food poisoning. >.<

Food poisoning sucks!! Very much!!

I lost most of my appetite the next day, and didn't really enjoy myself because I was drained of all my energy - from the vomitting? Of all things to happen, food poisoning when I was supposed to be on a food hunt?? =.=

Anyway we went to the Botanical Garden. It's pretty much just a garden with a lot of different species of plants. And a lot of monkeys!

Tired faces.

Lastly we went to the beach at Batu Ferringhi! And because I was tired and my stomach wouldn't stop turning around (it did feel like it was turning and turning!), I just sat by the beach and watch them play. See lah, food poisoning! =.=


All in all, it was a pretty fun trip! Except the food poisoning part! XD

Thank you Li Xuan for accomodation and everyone else! :)

2 craps:

bruce@shark said...

OMG. Hungry like hell! Miss the food man!=(

Yuinyi said...

Hahah you can eat all you want when you come back! XD

Subscribe