1:37 PM

That 2 Years.

Posted by Yuinyi |

My final hours in Intec was spent doing my clearance, paying my SEVIS fee, and getting all the necessary stuff from OSSP. And napping in the library where I spent most of my in-between-classes-time at.

We planned a final Karaoke session last night - one last time to sing together and scream our lungs out together - and boy was I looking forward to it. But it did not happen, because AmpSquare decided to raise it's price and most of us wouldn't pay 40 bucks to sing for 5 hours. It would have been fun though. >.< We then wanted to panjat pagar, and that also did not happen because we chickened out - due to some reasons which are seriously worth considering. Mission failed again. In the end we just spent the entire night out at the beloved McD.

Missions not accomplished, but I had a wonderful night! Perhaps because it's one of our last outings together- one of our last staying-out-and-exchanging-secrets-that-are-no-longer-secrets outing together here - the time we spent felt extra precious. Perhaps because I know that after this things might change, and we might not do the same thing again in the future, I just wanted to stay awake the entire night to talk, eventhough I was extremely tired.

And so, 2 years in Intec has ended, as most of us have already packed our belongings (mine took up the entire space in the car and I almost had no space to sit) and gone back home. Time flies, and I believe everyone has changed in a way or another. I have definitely changed. If I were to be given a second chance to choose between Form 6 and this, I'd choose the same path I chose 2 years ago.

Being in Intec and Cemara has given me wonderful memories, as well as some heartbreaking ones of course. Throughout those two years, I have learned a great deal about living with others, friendships, love, stress, being stronger, and a whole lot of other stuff. I have been very dependant, and perhaps now I am slightly less dependant than I am two years ago, but I now know where one of my greatest weaknesses lie - loneliness.

I have definitely hit the lowest point of my life (so far) during those two years, and I have learned to stand up and just move forward. I was determined and I knew I could overcome it. It was during my recovery period that I began mixing with everyone else, and realised what I have been missing out when I only stuck to a few close friends.

Sad moments aside, my most wonderful moments and memories are also in Intec (and Cemara). As Stephy puts it, fate has brought us all here together - and I definitely agree with that. I am grateful for the chance to be able to know and spend two years with everyone here. I came to Intec alone and afraid. But then I got to know Pinggan who is not as scary as I thought her to be. XD She was a motivation for me, and through her, I got to know the seniors - Pimp, Baby, Nanny, and everyone else. I was so happy and I knew that choosing this path was a right decision. First year gone, Pinggan, Nanny, Pimp, Baby left. I thought I would be alone now, but at that moment, I found my best friend and I've never been happier. The memories were great and I never regretted a moment of it. :) Then I discover new friendships and got to know a lot of other people that have made me happy and helped me up when I was down (although most of you might not even know).

I definitely felt happy knowing everyone.

I have the greatest housemates, Sanddy and Alicia! I have friends who sat by with me when I cried, Liz, LX, CJ, FY and JK! I have very crazy friends who have made me laugh so much - Stephy, Yong Sam, Chen Kuan, Edwin, Su Jen, Kia Tzun, Wei Lun, Pui Yin, Julius, Hui Chin, Airina, Yon Chiet, Kent Yee, Amy, Jonathan, and basically everyone. XD You guys might not know, but every movie outing, hanging out, karaoke outing, staying out, laughing, talking, being crazy - it all helped me cope a lot and meant a lot to me. (even though it made me pretty broke)You guys are great! :)

And I had a best friend whom I shared lots of happy moments with - and we're still good friends. It means a lot to me. I am grateful and very happy. :)

Bitter moments - I've learned from them. Happy moments - I'll cherish them.

Less than 2 months, and I'll be off to the States. It'll be a new beginning for me. And who knows what awaits me during that 3 years that I'm going to spend there. XD

I'm now back in Melaka with all my junks from Cemara (and I don't know how to unpack everything!!!) and I am already missing everyone!!

Can't wait to see everyone again during the JPA briefing! I'm being so nostalgic and just missing a lot of people. >.<

Now I need to sleep. Hah!

6 craps:

Liz said...

*hugs*

i miss you too! =D

Yuinyi said...

I miss you too!! Be good in IUB! Hahaha

Unknown said...

feeling disappointed that I wasnt able to be at McD...haiz...but i feel proud that im on the list of friends....XD

Yuinyi said...

Eh Jon, first comment in my blog! XD Yeah, you should have been there! Hahaha it has been nice knowing you!! :)

Unknown said...

=) Couldnt go coz i was having a meeting for MMS that time.. =(

Yuinyi said...

Aahh, too bad. Nevermind, got JPA briefing somemore. Maybe can hang out a bit. XD

Subscribe