4:55 AM

Back-Up Plan

Posted by Yuinyi |


Do you remember the last time we watched fireworks together? At the strike of midnight, we were right beneath it, and I was just looking right up at the fireworks, but really, I was looking at you.


It was the Independence Day, and it was really fantastic - the fireworks I mean. That was one of the best shots I had last night. Lovely.

I had a conversation with a friend, and asked him what he would do if he fails and gets himself expelled from school. He told me he would start playing pool professionally and if all else fails, he would just open a tuition center in Malaysia and teach math. That's his backup plan.

I realized I don't have any back up plan.

Studying to be an engineer WAS my back-up plan. I wanted to be an interior designer, I wanted to be an artist, I wanted to be a photographer. And engineering was the backup plan, in case those do not work out. But now I am under academic probation, and I am at the risk of getting expelled. Well I am pretty confident I can get out of it, but really, who knows. What IF I don't make it? What do I do?

I have no idea. All those talk about studying art, isn't really an option, because I will need the finances to support me through it, I will need creativity which I think I still lack, I will need to pay back JPA the scholarship that supported me in the US till now. So, has all those dreams turned into some sort of fragile back-up plans for my back-up plan?

I can do some comics - something I am exploring now. I can do some painting. I can take some photos. I can do some cooking. But I am not exceptionally good at any of it.

So, do I have a back-up plan?

4 craps:

pinggan said...

When there is no back up plan, we push ourselves harder. Life is hard, but I think we've learnt to live with it.

Yuinyi said...

But I think it's wise to have a back-up plan. I should have a back-up plan. HMM. Maybe can go sell satay kot. LOL

pinggan said...

Hahahaha. Let's put if this way. If all else fails, then follow ur heart?

That's what happens to some people when they got fired and cannot find a job. I don't know. Life is kinda scary.

Yuinyi said...

Yeah it is. :(

Subscribe