11:02 PM

Ipoh Bean Sprout Chicken Rice 芽菜鸡

Posted by Yuinyi |


So it was Andrew's birthday, and since I did not have any gifts prepared in advance, (no time, no money) and since I feel bad because I won't join the guys to the bar (drinking, since he is officially legal now =.= ), I told him I'll cook anything he's craving for (Malaysian food duh).

We went from :

Steak - it was pretty good the last time I tried making, but one turned out REALLY raw but Andrew gobbled it down anyway =.=
Pig's Trotters with Ginger and Black Vinegar - a Cantonese dish, I think they serve it to pregnant ladies a lot, but I won't ever eat it (EWW!) so we decided against it although I wouldn't mind cooking it.



And finally chicken rice - I cooked it for the first time during Chinese New Year in February, and it turned out pretty good.


So it's chicken rice. And Andrew requested for "SHIT LOADS OF BEAN SPROUTS - A LOT A LOT A LOT", I've decided to try out Ipoh Bean Sprout Chicken Rice or 芽菜鸡 in Cantonese.

With the recipe from Rasa Malaysia I am proud to present,

SUCCESS! (it doesn't look much different from the previous one, but really, it's better. A lot.)

I think it turned out so much better than my first attempt during Chinese New Year. My first attempt was okay, but it was a bit sloppy - slightly raw in some areas and a pretty messy presentation. Practice makes perfect huh. I'm proud. AND! I cut the chickens (we had two chickens) on my own! The last time, I had a senior help me with it as I never knew how to cut a chicken. I know my brother cuts chicken like a pro, but that has always been his part of the job when we're cooking at home. Well. More practice and my chicken cutting skills would be perfect. :D

Yay I'm full. And sleepy now. *contented*

I still have a lot on the list of food I want to try making. Like Creme Brulee. Mille Crepe. Hotdog buns. Chee Cheong Fun (which I did try but didn't turn out very well - need to improvise). Yau Char Kuai!

Food glorious food!

6 craps:

SimpleSanddy said...

Hey ur Ipoh Bean Sprout looks so nice leh. Haha!!! Hmm... it feels like cooking is actually kind of contagious huh.

Yuinyi said...

Hahahaha thanks! Passion for cooking! We're spreading the love! <3

Hahahahah

kira max said...

wah.. tat ur presentation of the food so good man.. so nice!!!!!
oh man oh man!
*i know i sound like i underestimated you*

best part is, ur photography skill is getting better lo,lighting, artistry,bla bla make the food looks so tempting

Yuinyi said...

Hahahah thanks Ah Siang! :P BTW the steak and chicken were done by me, not the Pig's Feet thingy. I've never done that one.

I'm still trying out the photographing. And the cooking. Sometimes still fail. :P

Next time go back Malaysia can have makan makan together! :D

kira max said...

ok!!on!! i m waiting for u to come back..canot delete the comments ya,i oledi printscreen it as evidence.hahahah

beside providing meals,tunjuk ajar in photographing ya..hehehe

Yuinyi said...

Hahahahah no problem!! XD

Subscribe