4:03 AM

No Wisconsequences

Posted by Yuinyi |

I am seriously wondering. Am I cut out for Ultimate at all?


No Wisconsequences is my first Ultimate tournament in the US. It was good. Except the part that I played so badly I want to hit myself with the disc 100 times.

I have decent throws. I have decent catches. What's wrong with me? I am freaking damn slow. I must have been the slowest player of all time. It sucks. Because when I am slow, I feel like I cannot do anything. I am slow and I get tired so fast. I guess everyone could see how I was panting on the field. Really sucks.

There's a girl in my team who hurt her leg, and still runs faster than me. My captain has asthma and she has no problem at all. She can run 18 miles. I know, wtf.

Oh yes I felt really bad. So bad I wanted to just give up, sit at a corner, tell the captains that they shouldn't ever put me in any points anymore because I am just gonna bring the team down. It was really demotivating seeing how everyone seemed to be playing fairly well, except maybe for me.

They say everyone improves over time. Really?

I don't know. I have so much to work on, and I am going to go to the gym like every single damn day that I don't have practice, to run and run and run.

I met Chyuan, after like searching for him the entire field. It was so good meeting an old classmate again, after missing him during my stay at his place (because he went for another tourney in.. erm Indiana?) He told me he almost gave up on Ultimate too but seems like he just went on with it. So maybe I shouldn't give up too.

Honestly, I don't know if the tournament went well for me. It was partly good, and partly sucky. The good part was the part where I asked lots of questions than I ever did when I was playing in Malaysia and understood a whole lot more. We did a lot more cups. And a lot of stacks. The sucky part was how bad I still played - despite my pretty good throws during warm-ups - because I was - SLOW. And the sucky part was also when I got so stressed up and I realised I wasn't even enjoying the game, until the last game against Minnesota.

That game, was pretty good. We got beaten flat. 0-12. (I think. If it's not, then it's definitely 0 to a lot) But I enjoyed it. It was fun and I was beginning to lose my stress. Rookies were given so many chances to play during that last game. I still sucked but I wasn't as demotivated. So yea, it's like we lost, but we didn't really lose. That kinda thing. I really liked when we had an all rookies line and actually did quite well. Like I said, rookies were given a lot of play time during the last game. Oh and when we had the all Asians line! I just thought it was awesome we had like 7 Asians on the team, although most of them are Asian Americans. It's so cute! XD

We lost all 5 games out of 6 that we played. We won against Michigan State - our very first game. XD
What I really know is what I should really work on. My speed. My defense. And all the effing strategies. I am SO bad with strategies stuff.
I just wish it isn't so cold and I have someone to constantly practice with.

I know this post sounds really down and all. But I am actually feeling very motivated to go work out right now. I need to improve improve improve.
Oh and I also need to try not to flunk my tests this week. My whole weekend was on the tourney, so now I am going to get VERY LITTLE SLEEP. Gaah.

The best thing all weekend. Awesome disc! (Oh yes I am like a fan of discs) :D

5 craps:

Liz said...

you're jsut not used to the weather. the cold makes you slower and tire faster (i realize that with only walking) don't be too hard on yourself.

if you really want to be faster, dun jog in the gym. try running outdoors, where the temperature and oxygen levels resemble the real playing field.

goodluck dear! =D

Cedric ZH said...

If you stay on Ultimate, I'll give you a Brown's Women Ultimate Frisbee for your collection. :D

Yuinyi said...

Thanks Liz! I'm going to really try. I need to really try.

And Cedric! Thanks! That's so sweet!! ^_^

WayeYoung said...

The disc looks awesome! Don't worry, you're still better off than me. No Ultimate in kedah, trying to set up a club :(

All the best! :D

Yuinyi said...

Lol way to go Waye Young! Spread the love!! XD

Subscribe