1:33 PM

The Weekend

Posted by Yuinyi |

So this post sums up everything I've been up to the past weekend, because I simply am too busy for three different posts. :P


When people asked me what activities we do during Mid-Autumn festival each year, I really couldn't think of any, except playing with lanterns and eating mooncakes. I know there're games like some Chinese riddles and stuff, but being half banana, that really doesn't appeal to me at all. XD So playing lanterns and eating mooncakes were all that we did this year, again, despite the cold weather!


I personally think I cannot manage parties very well, so I pretty much handed the whole socializing-as-a-host thing to Pui Yin. There were so many people coming to our place that we hardly had a place to move around. Some of the closer people ended up going into the rooms to lepak. And I learnt that when you have a party in US, you get unknown people coming into your house. I saw people that none of us knew, even Pui Yin. Hah.

But I don't get why so many people think that playing with lanterns are for small kids. Hey, I play with lanterns every single year of my life during each Mid-Autumn Festival! I think it's pretty normal and fun! But then again, I am someone who plays with big colourful watergun and balloon hammer. :)


We celebrated Yon Chiet's birthday as well. ^__^


The next day I overslept. I was supposed to be ready by 7.30 a.m. but I woke up at 7.40 a.m. when I heard Pui Yin's voice. LOL. Then I headed off to Chicago with the MaSA group of people and met old friends.


It felt like Intec all over again. I talked to people I hardly talked to when I was in Intec. In a way I felt like a hypocrite. I don't know. Maybe it's because we're now in a foreign land, and being Malaysians gives a sense of warmth and home. So we became friendlier?

But seeing everyone again was good.



Like people from Purdue. I literally screamed when I saw them.


Tong Wei, whom I've not talked to, not even once, until that day. Weird right. In Intec two years, both from Melaka, but never talked to each other. Now that we're here only want to talk. =P

A bunch of guys from all over.



And Hafidz. :)

I think I was kinda hoping that everyone would have plans to stay over and hang out. Looks like I was the only one with that thought. I felt a few hours just weren't enough. Because no one was planning to stay over, I sort of forgot about my plan to stay over. But a spontaneous decision was made, and me, Eric and Happy stayed over at Northwestern for the night.

Northwestern was a really nice place but I didn't have enough time to go sightseeing and taking pictures. :(

I am envious of their living conditions. So much better than ours! Although I'd prefer to have my own room (Tong Wei and Chyuan made the dining room and living room their rooms XD), their place looked so nice and cosy!


Tong Wei's messy dining room.


Chyuan's side of the apartment - the living room. Too bad he wasn't there. Frisbee tournament more important meh!


It was freezing in Chicago. And the RAIN! But I am not sick of the city yet. :)


I met the love of my life. Cheesecake Factory. ^_____^



I swear if they have a Cheesecake Factory here, I'm going to indulge in their cheesecakes and go broke and fat! Thank God it's so far away from me! XD


I'm halfway through the week, and I still have a test, a quiz and a homework due. Sigh. I'm
looking forward to the weekend again! For now I'm going to try to be a nerd. @.@

When are we going shopping and Cheesecake Factory again? :)

3 craps:

Anonymous said...

U make me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

U make me smile. :)

Yuinyi said...

Who's this? :)

Subscribe