7:48 AM

Broken Strings

Posted by Yuinyi |

I struggled for a few seconds before I could think of how to put this into words.

*pause*

I am one of those innocent naive kids who still choose to believe in friendships that last forever.

I can't help but feel a bit sad.

Don't have to mention what happened to me because of my mistakes anymore. Not today.

But seeing friendships around me, broken. Made me wonder if I could still hold on to that faith. People hating each other. Holding grudges. Not forgetting, not forgiving. Cold as ice. Hard as metal.

If we live, and look back at this 5 years from now, will we laugh and tease each other for our own silliness? Will we meet, have a drink together, laugh together, shake hands, hug?


If we are all to die tomorrow, will we all make up and be friends for the last hours of our lives? Can we disregard all the bitterness, and for the last time, hold hands and walk the last hour of our lives?

If we are to die.

10 craps:

Hikari-yami said...

I do agree with you one thing, friendship is not eternal. But...

everything is not eternal in life -
your life, happiness and etc. Because it's simple, people changes and things changes

But instead of looking past your friendship, why dun you learn appreciate ur current friendships?

Does people had to actually lost be4 learning to appreciate?

Does past and future really more important than thing happened now?

Can u guys just learn to ignore some black stains in ur life and looked at the BIG white piece cloth of ur life?

Post sth when u got the answers

Jyi said...

nothing is eternal...


. BoRN. LiFE. DeAtH. Everything is not eternal..Everything is fragile Here IN THIS WORLD.

Don't take it too serious. Let go :)



p/s: I m still your friend...:)

Liz said...

sometimes that is why i want to die suddenly.

like in a car crash. before i know it, im gone.

and sometimes i feel like dying because with death, things actually fade and slowly fade out of existence because no one remembers anymore.

sometimes i wish i was never born. so i would never be hurt.

i know. stupid of me.

i'll be your friend forever though, if you'd let me =)

Yuinyi said...

Thanks JK, thanks Jyi.

I cannot live my life in abstinance. I look back. I regret. I question why people do not choose to forgive. I wonder at my own mistakes. I appreciate my current friendships very much, but I also treasured those that have passed. Because in the past, it was my current friendships and I have appreciated it so much then. If I lose the friendships I have now, I will still look back and regret because I treasure them a lot too.

I can't tell you if past and future are more important than the present. But the past shaped me. The future keeps me going.

The black stains - I cannot ignore them. If I ignore the black stains it will just remain there unwashed. I notice the black stains and I remove it. Some are not removable. So I keep looking at it. It can be unpleasant sometimes, but I will get used to it, and it becomes a part of me because it is not removable. Then one day, I look at that piece of white cloth and I might not notice the black stains, because it doesn't stand out that much anymore. It blends in. Or becomes part of it.

Tell me, can you really let go of memories? I can let go grudges and ill feelings, not memories.

I move on. But memories stay. I cherish the past - bitter or sweet. Too precious for me to let it go. I let go, and part of my past will be erased. I like my life full.

Anyway, this post isn't talking about me alone. I wasn't focusing on me. I told myself the world doesn't revolve around me and I need to be happy for other people as well.

But seeing friendships around me broken, I wonder why the bitterness. If you look at all these 5 years from now, you might see that white piece of cloth, and that black stain might not even be visible unless you look clearly. Then you'll laugh when you realised how you got that stain.

I mean, why can't we forgive and forget? What if you suddenly decide to drop all the grudges, disregard all the flaws in those people you hate, and start from scratch? What happened to all those good times? Are they so insignificant when compared with all the hatred? I wonder if it's possible? If it's possible, will it be better? Can we just CUT OFF every black strings, keep the white ones?

Lol I am confused already. >.<


What the hell am I crapping. >.<


And Jia Mun, if you were never born, who to help me unemo? XD

tachimurakiyuri said...

* awed *

Guess what...

I'm the type of person that can talk but not doing it at the same time.

I keep telling you guys to let go, to cheer up and everything

And u r right abt one thing. I can't really let go of memories, good or bad.

And sometimes, memories just flash back in a unexpected way that made you can't breath. I myself, was deeply haunted by those memories, even now...

And that's why I told you to ignore it, because I know how painful it is to cling on those memories. But...

Like it or not, it's impossible to cut off from those black stain. Like it or not, it's ald there, and if you cut those black stains away from the cloth, you'll juz have a big hole on it.

But who asked you to deny that the black stain was there?

You could choose to ignore them from a while, until you get used to it, until it's getting shallower, until it's, well, disappeared...

Ignore them, not forgetting them...cuz they are part of your life, like it or not.

(there's one time i actually find a big black stain on my life, well, I'll still alive and kicking, becuz I learned to look at the little white spot of my clothes of life)

Well good luck gal, i hope you'll back alive to the you be4 (wiv or without him)

P.S. - Who do you know it was me ??

Yuinyi said...

We can't run away. :)

And btw, I am alive now. Maybe I will never become who I was before, because I grew up and learn, and became a different person. It's not a bad thing, right?

Er.. I guessed? LOL. No one else in my circle of friends would use the name Hikari-yami. XD

Pinggan said...

"Living is difficult. Dying is easy" ~House ;)

Yuinyi said...

Lol! :)

Liz said...

pinggan i totally agree =)

Liz said...

oh yy im flattered btw. ^^ jk claims i tot him to emo. at least there's someone here who says i help u unemo! cheerio~! =)

Subscribe