12:35 AM

How do you keep moving on?

Posted by Yuinyi |



I finally got hold of my doodleboard calendar thingy which I thought I really need, to organize everything I have to do everyday. I just need to make sure I don't miss out on any important and fun events, because one thing that I've discovered since coming to U of I is the many events that they have all the time. Not mentioning tests and quizzes and homework dues, there have been trips, hangouts, meetings, club events,bbqs and football games to go to. XD I really love that about the US, but then again, I hate it when I have to miss something I really like to go to something else I really like as well. I'm sometimes even tempted to skip one or two classes. >.<

Of the many things I am learning to love, I really love hanging out with the Malaysian seniors here.

They are mostly talkative and really helpful, and sometimes very bulliable too, especially Freddy who does homework all the time. =P

Darren, who hangs out with Singaporeans a lot and has the Singaporean aura, was really talkative during our first meeting, but went really quiet after that. But he's cute right. =P

Aaand the rest of them are just really funny and nice too. Keng gives me a reaaaallyy brotherly feel (haha), and he's kind and funny. Patrick, one of the graduate students here who still claims he is a freshie, thinks I have guns, like huge arm muscles. Got meh. He tricked me so many times I can't help laughing at how stupid I was. Once, when we were on the way up Willis Tower in Chicago, we had to go into this movie hall to watch a short documentary of the making of the tower. He told me really seriously that the movie hall is actually a really huge elavator that will bring us up the tower, and that once the documentary ends, we'll be at the top already. Guess what, I believed him. =.=

I don't know why, but since Intec years, I have just really loved seniors. I remember having my best Mafia games with Soon Yi, Bu, Joshua, Caroline, Lee Yung, Joanne and Mei Yueh in 2007 when we went to Maxwell Hill, Taiping. Here, one of my happiest moments thus far, is also with the seniors. Maybe cause I enjoy laughing so much, and these seniors just make me laugh so much. I think I have a record of laughing continuously for 20 minutes during the trip to Chicago. XD
Sometimes it makes me feel so guilty cause I couldn't be as nice of a senior to my juniors as my seniors are to me.

So today we celebrated Hui Lin's birthday and my potato salad wasn't really good. :( We talked, laughed, sang, and laughed somemore. Sang with Darren and laughed with Freddy. In the end, we played two successful rounds of Mafia, which was good since I really missed playing that. Not as good as the one in 2007, but still. :) It was good to be able to laugh till my tummy hurts. Even if it's just a normal hangout. I don't need to go to bars or super cool parties (how do you even define super cool parties) to have fun.
Will be going to the ARC to workout tomorrow morning. Yay! I'm gonna build my guns wtf. Trying to arrange some weekly workout sessions with the seniors so that I can stay in shape. Hah! Then I'll come back and make pancakes for lunch. Yumm! After that a game of Frisbee at 4 with the seniors. So happy cause they wanna play. I went for this event called Fun in the Sun which is actually organized by some group of Singaporeans to just have fun in the field while there's still sun. I ended up getting lost because the field was huuuuuuggeeee and I didn't know where they were, so I missed out on ultimate again today. But! I'll make up for it tomorrow! :)

And I found out that Starbucks is a pretty good place to go to whenever I have time in between classes and no where to go. :)

Remember the AIESEC interview I mentioned in the previous post? Well I didn't make it to the final interview, which yeah sucks. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be an AIESECer and it wasn't really so much of a big deal that I am not one, but what saddened me so much was how I disappointed myself and completely screwed the interview. In the written application, I wrote a great deal about being in Toastmasters and all, but when it came to the panel interview, I clearly did not show any improvements in my speaking and thinking skills. It amazes me how people can just speak so fluently and with so much self confidence. It amazes me how my housemate could talk to anyone and make friends with everyone so instantly, and I can't.

I'm trying to break free from my comfort zone, yes I am. Sometimes I wished I had chosen to live in the dorms. How come making friends was so easy when we're only 7, and it just somehow seems harder to me at the age of 19?

I've been listening to songs through Youtube a lot lately, mostly of The Fray so I can get used to their songs before actually going for their concert, and I'm really loving their songs. Also, John Mayer's songs are actually not bad. I've just never really bothered checking out these songs, until when Darren told me they are good. Well, they ARE good. XD
I really love my John Mayer poster in my room.
P/S: I can't wait to go watch my first football game. XD
PP/S: I miss yumcha sessions.

4 craps:

Pison The Great said...

Hey! Same here too!

In one way or another, I tend to crack jokes easily with the seniors than I do with the other people of the same batch. That's kinda obvious and lame, at the same time. >.<

Now that you mention Mafia... ARGH!!!

About living on campus: Exactly the reason why I wanted staying on campus! If the fee isn't expensive, I would have lived a perfect life in MSU! ARGH!

Yuinyi said...

Hahaha seniors are so cool right. XD

I had mafia again tonight! Hahaha

Even my seniors said we should have stayed at the dorms.But it's so expensive! :(

JiHouh said...

enjoy all u can but do not neglect ur studies..

Yuinyi said...

Of course not. XD

Subscribe