9:46 PM

Loving Chicago

Posted by Yuinyi |

I finally went on a trip to Chicago after waiting for two weeks, which seemed like years! Chicago was - one word - awesome! Maybe it's because how I've always seen so many TV shows and movies filmed in the big cities of USA, I've really wanted to see it for myself. I was so filled with joy when I stepped on the grounds of Chicago.

We departed from Urbana-Champaign at about 10 in the morning with 4 cars. Arrived in Chinatown for lunch! Dim Sum! (although not as good as in Malaysia, of course) There was this shop called Penang, apparently the only Malaysian restaurant there, but it was burnt down last year. How sad. Chinatown reminds me a little of Malaysia, but it wasn't really impressive I would say.




But downtown Chicago! It was simply great! Told you I love the cities! High rise buildings, shopping malls, restaurants, and more buildings! Of course, it wouldn't be the best place to stay, but I would really like to go there again and again! I LOVE the buildings especially and how they all look so nice eventhough they made the city looks so packed and complicated. There are really nice and tall buildings on each side of the roads (just like in the movies!! XD) and I really love the architecture of some buildings! I would be contented just to go to Chicago for sightseeing. =P Okay maybe not lah.
So we went up to the Willis Tower, which is like 103 levels and supposedly can be seen from Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and of course Illinois (but I can't see it from Urbana also!). XD

Amazing that all of us din crack and break the glass right. XD
And we went to Millenium Park as well, which has this bean thing. And all these artsy stuff. And a really nice field!!



This is actually Freddy and I exchanging genders. LOL
And this is Freddy-Jonathan-Patrick threesome, with Yoong Jie small boy kacauing. XD

Group picture! :)

The city at night.
At night, we went to Navy Pier for the fireworks, which was also awesome, since I love fireworks!! XD


Enough of sightseeing, next up is of course, SHOPPING!
But I was too busy shopping that I didn't have the time to take some photos. XD We shopped at Aurora which, I think isn't all that SUPER CHEAP as I thought it to be. Nevertheless, I still shopped. (what to do right)

I have to say it's a REALLY nice trip and I enjoyed every single moment of it!! The seniors were all great, and I can't help feeling so happy and grateful that I have such cool and fun seniors here! No, I really meant that!! XD Thank you sooo much for driving us there and bringing us aroundd!!! You guys are like the best! :D
I can't wait to go to Chicago again. I wanna go until I get tired of it!!! XD
Anyway I just had my AIESEC interview today, and I think I sucked. You know how I just forget everything I wanna say when I get nervous. Sigh. I actually wasn't even sure if I wanted to be an AIESECer. It's so much about entrepreneurship and leadership and stuff, I am just not sure if that's what I want. But then again, I really wanted to try out something new and get to know people and AIESEC seems to be a great platform for me to actually do that. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the interview results then. There's one more interview to go. >.<
And I haven't slept since last night cause I procrastinated all my work until after the Chicago trip. SO yea I am pretty zzzz now.

*yawns*
Goodnight peeps!

2 craps:

JiHouh said...

wait for christmas sales, thxgiving sales etc..then can shop..

Yuinyi said...

I'm waiting for Black Friday!!! XD

Subscribe